Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post # 2

I have commented on 5 blogs from various district educators.  I was able to comment on on their different experiences and challenges and express my thoughts about the 11 tools.  I think as I get more comfortable with this process, I will be see the benefit of participating in a PLN.  As teachers, we love to share great ideas, things that work well and things that don't always work.  This process now gives me the opportunity to do this in a new and adventurous way. I see the benefit of sharing my thoughts publicly, but am still uncomfortable with it at this point.  I was not able to comment on my teammates blog yet, since the new list has not been updated with the next group of participating school and I'm not sure how to find them. I think blogging with my teammates will be a little less intimidating.  I loved the sight, Mixbook.com on Cheryl's Sharings blog.  I can see the benefit for using this personally and for sharing events and successes in the classroom (field trips, author visits, cultural arts).  The 11 tools will be a personal challenge for me and I am going to do my best!

3 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start Sandy! It looks like the blogs for our school are now all listed on the 11 Tools site.I haven't seen Mixbook.com before. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I like your avatar. It reminds me of my little Nibles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting ourselves, and our thoughts and opinions, out on the WEB publicly is thought-provoking!

    ReplyDelete